Wednesday 25 January 2012

On A Rainy Winter Morning......

The wet silence engulfs my weeping soul,
Here I am, counting down the days since you've been gone....
They say that one day your heart will stop bleeding.
Bleeding my heart is; but my soul too has split...
All those scars that you've embedded on my inner-self,
On a rainy winter morning, I\m still running in circles, trying to escape.....


It's been a long time and yet tears still pour out of my eyes,
Like a burning cigarette, I'm meant to end and yet I'm still so alive.....
Like a torn, crumpled paper, I'm waiting to be either thrown away,
Or to be picked up and recycled and begin a new day......
Waiting for a new beginning with a happy ending,
Here I am, sitting by my window, sipping on a cup of coffee on a rainy winter morning....


Life is beautiful, so they say....
But why has it become so ugly today?
And I'm exhausted from wearing this mask of oblivion....
Pretending to be numb when I feel too much.
I'm not alone and yet, I feel so lonely....
Like some estranged character, who doesn't fir into anybody's story.
Surrounded by a known crowd and yet I'm a stranger,
I cry to me on a rainy morning of a lonesome winter......



How far do I need to walk before I know what I'm meant to be?
How deep do I need to shed my soul before I'm set free?
How much more do I need to bleed before I become comfortably numb?
How many more scars do I need to carve on my skin before I come undone?
How many times more do I need to die, before I start feeling alive?
How much more do I need to lose before I become a completely broken lie?


I fear not that I will die one day....
I fear that when I'm gone, I'll leave behind no trace.
I fear that before I die, I'll be someone who just existed,
I fear that I won't be someone who lived and still is breathing in her death.....
So many fears, so many tears and so many questions......all in my meddled feelings.
It's too much too deal now, and so I drench myself in rain and hope, on a rainy winter morning.........

No comments:

Post a Comment